A Haiku and a Tanka

I got to re-explore the poet in me during a Creative writing workshop that I attended today. 

We were required to write a Haiku and a Tanka.

A Haiku

Morning


Water on the grass                                                           

Sparrows cheeping in the trees

On a cold morning.



      Photo by Ch P on Unsplash

A Tanka

Summer

Dark brown rice sacks lie

On the cold red floor below

A noisy old fan.

The merchant lies to cool off

After a day of toiling. 

Photo by Adrian Gomez on Unsplash




 



Comments

  1. I love the feeling that both these poems give me. First is afeeling of freshness and the second is comfort. 😌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully expressed! It seems like the words paint vivid pictures that awaken all my senses....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Do drop a line or two and let me know your thoughts or opinions about what you have read.

Popular posts from this blog

Percussion

Mulligatawny Soup