My type of food in Bengaluru

After a year of the normal routine, and lots of hectic but boring days, I am looking forward to a small break with my sisters in Bengaluru (Bangalore).

We will not be doing anything over the top. There will be a lot of faffing. And because we can't faff around forever, we will spend some time drinking, and a lot of time eating.

Here are just a few of the things (eating and drinking) that I usually visit/do on every trip to Bengaluru.


After years of drinking Kingfisher beer, my sister introduced me to 'Tuborg Strong'. I have been a Tuborg drinker since then.
I am not a regular drinker, just have a few drinks on social occasions.



Besides the occasional drink, Chung Wah, on Residency Road Cross is my favourite Chinese food place in Bangalore. The food is not very rich, but really very scrumptious.

I don't think that anyone anywhere has ever eaten Ice Cream, like that at Corner House. The original Corner House was on Residency Road. It is now at  Residency Road Cross, not even 100 metres from Chung Wah. They now have a few branches all around Bangalore. One is inside the Airlines Hotel Compound. This is a lot more spacious than the one at Residency Road Cross.
The Hot Chocolate Fudge, Death by Chocolate and the Peach Melba are divine!! Some of the Corner House outlets also have a super Rum Ice Roy.
I have put my own twist and ask for some Butterscotch sauce on my Rum and Raisin Ice cream.                
https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/corner-house-ice-cream-residency-road

The Airlines Hotel has some mouth watering Channa Bathura, and sweet hot Sulaimani Chai!

Thoms Bakery - Near Fraser Town. IF you want very yummy bakery kind of doughnuts - not the Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme kind, you must visit here. And the doughnuts are way cheaper than DD or KK.

I admit I am a bit outdated, and there must be a lot of more fun, 'happening' places around now. After having spent most of the last 10 years out of Bengaluru, these remain my favourite few.

I also happened to see this and am hoping to visit a few of them with my sister.

http://www.polkacafe.com/new-restaurants-in-bangalore-1189.html

So, I will be back after a few days, and after putting on a few pounds. Hopefully rested, relaxed and happy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Percussion

A Haiku and a Tanka

Mulligatawny Soup